Sunday, June 10, 2012

I've lost my damn mind.

Yep. That's all there is to it. I've lost my damn mind. I'm 32. I'm a fatty. Exercise and me don't really chill in the same circle. But here I am, committed to do not one, but TWO 5ks. One is in September (Dirty Girl Mud Run) and one is in October (The Color Run). This blog will mostly focus on training, and the color run, but I may toss in some info about the Dirty Girl run. This blog will be co-authored by my teammates, so you'll get to see lots of points of view. Mine will probably have the most swearing. :)

The funniest part of all of this is that I have no clue WHY I decided to take up running. I loathe running. I hate the outdoors. I despise being sweaty. I'm an indoors kind of girl. But then... I don't know, it just started annoying me. I mean, yeah, I'm a fatty mcbutterpants. But I've always been that. it should bother me more, but it doesn't. I don't mind how I look, and fat or skinny, I'm a pretty awesome me. But I just suddenly felt like running was something I NEEDED to conquer. And when I say that, I don't mean being the fastest. Nope, not at all. In fact, the two races I'm doing specifically are NOT timed, and are all about fun. My goal? To finish. 1 hour, 3 hours, running, walking, crawling... I don't care! But I WILL do it. Because it's a challenge. And I'm not going to let myself kick my own ass. I don't plan to become a competitive runner. Frankly, I think those people are off their damn rockers. A running high? I'd rather have a Grey Goose high, thank you very much. But, I just feel like my brain says "You can't do this", so I'm going to show it who is boss.

However... training starts tomorrow. So, I will probably have a whoooole different attitude by then!

--Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! We could all use your love and support, so please leave a comment!